OUR POLICY ON USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA RELATED TO YOUR INQUIRY
We, Internet Initiative Japan Inc. (“IIJ”) and its subsidiaries and group entities (“IIJ Group”), take privacy very seriously and undertake to process your personal data in compliance with applicable privacy laws including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Below is our policy on how we use your personal data related to your inquiry.
We may modify, add to, or delete part of this policy from time to time. You can obtain the latest version at the following link: http://www.iijeurope.com/privacy-notice
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND ON WHAT GROUND
On your inquiry we collect your personal data including your name, email address and the content of your inquiry. We use these personal data solely in order to respond to your inquiry and not for any other purpose. Our legal basis for using customers’ personal data in this way is to pursue our legitimate interest, namely providing our customers with useful and necessary information on their request.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will keep your personal data until we decide to close the case eventually after having responded to the relevant inquiry.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
- We disclose your inquiry to the third-party service providers we have engaged in assisting us with responding to customer inquiries. They include providers of language translation, messaging services, and professional consulting relating to privacy protection.
- We will not disclose your personal data to anybody else without your consent, unless we are required to disclose them to public authorities by any legal obligations we are subject to.
TRANSFERS TO NON-EU COUNTRIES
When we disclose your inquiry to those third-party service providers described above that assist us with responding to your inquiries, we transfer your personal data to Japan, where those providers are based and where the European privacy laws including GDPR are not in force. In that case, we protect your rights with personal data by data transfer agreements in accordance with Article 46 of GDPR signed between those providers and us. These arrangements impose on those providers contractual obligations, equivalent to those laid down in GDPR, to protect your rights. Contact us if you wish to obtain the full text of the agreements.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHT
Provided that certain conditions are met, you have the legal rights to request from us the following:
- information on what personal data we have about you and access to your personal data and other supplementary information;
- having your personal data rectified;
- having your personal data erased;
- having our processing of your personal data frozen;
- obtaining your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
- having our processing of your personal data stopped; and
- right not to be subject to automated decision making and profiling.
If you wish to exercise your right, please contact us.
You can lodge complaints about our way of processing your personal data with data protection supervisory authority of your country of residence.
For further information and inquiry, contact:
Data Protection Officer